<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d15269165\x26blogName\x3dMusings+of+the+Dings\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dTAN\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://dinghome.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://dinghome.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6645860395718618596', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://dinghome.net/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Count Your Blessings

It's been quite tough recently and because of physical ailments and the constant need to care for my children, I find myself whining and complaining. It is especially hard when I think this trial is too hard to bear. Though I believe my complaints are legitimate because they are true trials, I need to trust in the Lord. Sometimes I just don't know how to pray. Do I pray for this trial to end soon so I can get on with life? Or do I pray for grace and strength through this dificult time? To be honest, I'd like to ask for the first because it is simpler and easier. However, I'm plagued by the second because I know it produces a better me. I am reminded of Romans 5:3-5:
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
I need to rejoice in suffering and look to the Lord. Since I have to go through this trial, might as well make the best of it. See it as a character molding time. Use it to glorify God. Look to the goal!

Instead of moaning and complaining, I think the best way to overcome this trial is to count my blessings, even if they are small blessings. So, my blessings and joys for today are:
  • My husband being able to come home earlier today to watch the kids so I can rest for a little.
  • My two lively and adorable boys who are just so precious to me.
  • My kids were mostly obedient today.
  • I had enough energy to look after them all morning.
  • We are still scheduled to pick up our girl from China in two weeks.
  • We have wonderful friends who provided food for us so I don't need to cook. Our refrigerator is still stocked with food. What a blessing!
  • My husband is able to take over my homeschooling task.